This year has been like any other due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and that includes the sports season. When the pandemic hit in March, sporting events around the world were canceled or postponed. Some leagues and tournaments were forced to cancel, others paused with the hope of restarting, but all had to adjust in some way.
As the world continues to navigate the pandemic, many sports leagues that paused in March have since created a plan to restart found a safe way to carry out their season. For instance, the NBA and NHL had “bubbles” for players to live in. In other sports, fans are not permitted at many events and new health protocols have been put in place.
Stay up to date with what games are on by checking out our daily schedule of sporting events.
Today’s sporting events
Tuesday, December 22
(All times Eastern)
- Tulans vs. Nevada, 3:30 p.m.
- UCF vs. No. 16 BYU, 7 p.m.
Men’s college basketball
- William & Mary vs. No. 16 Virginia, 2 p.m.
- Nebraska vs. No. 9 Wisconsin, 7 p.m.
- Bradley vs. No. 14 Missouri, 7 p.m.
- No. 16 Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma, 7 p.m.
- No. 17 North Carolina vs. NC State, 7 p.m.
- Temple vs. No. 6 Houston, 8 p.m.
- Northwestern State vs. No. 1 Gonzaga, 9 p.m.
- No. 7 West Virginia vs. No. 3 Kansas, 9 p.m.
- Purdue vs. No. 4 Iowa, 9 p.m.
Women’s college basketball
- Oakland vs. No. 25 Michigan State, 12 p.m.
- Eastern Kentucky vs. No. 15 Northwestern, 2 p.m.
- No. 20 South Florida vs. Cincinnati, 2 p.m.
- NO. 3 UConn vs. Villanova, 7 p.m.
- No. 18 DePaul vs. Creighton, 9 p.m.
CONCACAF Champions League, Final
- UANL vs. LAFC, 10 p.m.